Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hiking guide makes readers’ summer picks

Readers of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune listed my latest book, Headin’ to the Cabin: Day Hiking Trails of Northeast Minnesota, as a “summer book suggestion” in an article appearing in today’s Sunday paper on page E9.

Wrote Strib reader Greg Peyton, of River Falls, Wis.: “The book mostly will sit on my nightstand so I can review it for trail ideas; when not there, it’ll be in my backpack so it accompanies me on the hike.”

You can follow Mr. Peyton’s great advice by ordering a copy of the book online or picking one up at: Chapter2Books in Hudson, Wis.; Valley Bookseller in Stillwater, Minn.; Common Good Books in St. Paul, Minn.; Content Bookstore in Northfield, Minn.; or Piragis Northwoods Company in Ely, Minn.

The Strib article is online.

Read more about day hiking Northeast Minnesota in my Headin’ to the Cabin: Day Hiking Trails of Northeast Minnesota guidebook.