|The St. Croix River flows around a rock near the |
shoreline at Louise Park near Solon Springs, Wis.
The St. Croix begins its long journey to the Mississippi River in southeastern Douglas County, Much of the waterway is in the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, but even the unprotected parts, which are exclusively in Douglas County, can be accessed and enjoyed by the public.
Among the great day hiking trails of southeastern Douglas County are:
• Bois-Brule-St. Croix River Historic Portage Trail
• Brule Bog Boardwalk Trail
• North Country National Scenic Trail
• Buckley Creek Barrens Trail
• Schoen/Louise Parks Jeep Trails
Read more about more Douglas County day hiking trails in my Day Hiking Trails of Douglas County guidebook.