Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Active Times highlights author's beach hike

Iona's Beach, a (pink) jewel of Minnesota's North Shore.
The Active Times today highlighted a North Shore spot I mention in my hiking guidebooks. “Beaches So Spectacular You'd Visit Them in a Sweater” includes Iona’s Beach, a span of pink pebbles along Lake Superior just north of Two Harbors, Minn. The article also includes a picture I took of the shoreline.

Iona’s Beach is mentioned in my guide Headin’ to the Cabin: Day Hiking Trails of Northeast Minnesota and receives a full write-up in my soon-to-be-released book Day Hiking Trails of Gooseberry Falls State Park.

Side note: One of the other beaches mentioned in the article – Moonlight Beach – was only a half-mile from where I used to live in greater San Diego and garnered weekly visits from my son and me!

Learn about trail guidebooks available in the Hittin’ the Trail series.