Saturday, May 3, 2014

‘Hikes’ author presenting at Wisconsin Writers Festival

Book lovers can catch me and nearly two dozen other regional writers at the NW Wisconsin Writers Festival on Saturday, May 10. The festival at the UW-Barron County campus in Rice Lake, Wis., features: tables for meeting authors and perusing their books; readings by local authors; workshop sessions about writing; and a keynote address.

I’ll read from my literary novel Windmill (10-11 a.m., Commons), am a presenter in a breakout session about the business of writing (1-1:45 p.m., Ritz 202), and will man my author’s table most of the rest of the time (9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Commons).

The festival coincides with the release in paperback of my book, Hittin’ the Trail: Day Hiking Barron County, Wisconsin. I’ll have plenty of copies of the title and my other books on hand.

Find out about trail guidebooks available in the Hittin’ the Trail series.