Saturday, December 8, 2012

Family Adventures blog gives thumbs up to ‘Hikes: Games' volume

Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies gave my latest Hikes with Tykes guidebook, Hikes with Tykes: Games and Activities a glowing review on Friday. “…I can not recommend enough that a copy of this small resource guide make its way under your Christmas tree this year,” the blog’s reviewer wrote. "I put stars beside the games and activities that I thought would work in our family. Now, when I want something fresh for a hike, cross country ski trip, snowshoeing adventure, or simple outdoor play date, I just have to grab Rob’s book and browse through it until one of the activities I highlighted, jumps out at me. ...If you have school-aged kids, you’ll find tons of amazing ideas for that age group in Rob’s book.” The blog Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies is written by Tanya Koob, the mother of a preschool boy from Calgary, whose family is active in the outdoors. My Hikes with Tykes books are available for sale in paperback or on Kindle at Amazon.com.

Read more about day hiking with children in my Hikes with Tykes guidebooks.