Thursday, November 15, 2012

Great hiking quotes for day hiking with kids

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown,
for going out, I found, was really going in.”
Photo courtesy of David Niblack, Imagebase.net
The trail offers a great opportunity to teach kids lessons about life. For older children and teens, a good quotation might be the way to impart wisdom or at least a good discussion going. Here are five great quotations I like for the trail:

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” – John Muir

“If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon

“I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” – G.M. Trevelyan

“The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” – Jacqueline Schiff

“Not all that wander are lost.” – Author unknown

Learn about more than a hundred other hiking diversions for kids in Hikes with Tykes: Games and Activities.