Monday, November 14, 2011

Don't let hiking kids indiscriminately eat, touch mushrooms when on the trail

Amanita bisporigera,
a poisonous mushroom.
Photo courtesy Wikipedia.
Never eat or even touch a mushroom unless you are absolutely sure that it is safe.

Children have a way of getting their fingers into their mouths, and if it is a poisonous shroom, that’s bad news.

The symptoms and treatment are the same as for eating poisonous berries.

Read more about day hiking with children in the guidebook Hikes with Tykes.